Point & Shoot: Shopping in a snowstorm

Our weekends generally follow a familiar pattern: breakfast like kings, lounge around in PJ’s until the afternoon, then get out and do something with the remainder of the day.

Like groundhogs – we stay holed up long past the time everyone else is up. Most Canadian families are early weekend risers, groggily driving kids to distant ice-rinks and shivering into their coffee while hockey coaches hone the next Gretzky. There’s an advert running at the moment that portrays this group effort beautifully. #WeAllPlayForCanada

This weekend we had errands to run. (It’s funny, ‘running errands’ was a phrase I never used before we moved to Canada, but everyone says it here and it seems I’m becoming assimilated!)

With T’s birthday a week away we still needed to pick up a few things so after a hearty breakfast (that saw K spread butter on his warm muffin – is someone else assimilating?) and some GORGEOUS Costa Rican coffee we headed out into the snowstorm.

In Canada you don’t let a trifling inconvenience like a blizzard interfere with your plans. The snowfall seemed to ease so K shovelled the drive before we left – not that you could tell by the time we got home.

All in all a productive day: grocery shop done (with dancing), party loot bags sorted and, an extra, never-before-known bonus – Valentines cards and favours bought well in advance (makes a change from my usual modus operandi: leave it till the night before).

Before we knew it the weekend was over and we were wading through snowdrifts on our way to school…

Enjoy the pictures!

CLICK ON ANY OF THE IMAGES TO OPEN THE GALLERY …

Linking up with snowingindoors.com for Point&Shoot

Point+Shoot

1. I love your snowy pics – and there has even been vague discussion of moving to Canada chez Saurus this week!

• Serious?? *chants* DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

• Us too, my husband is always mentioning it (he works for royal bank of canada) but I don’t know if we would ever do it!!

That snow seems to be lasting forever out there!! beautiful pictures though
      anna m recently posted…Reading Chest ReviewMy Profile

• We don’t get the whole ‘snowdrops-in-February’ deal out here. Spring won’t arrive until April – plenty of time to enjoy the white stuff!

2. Very impressed -and you put the Brits to shame. The whole country would have ground to a halt on a day like that lol!!

3. Wow, that is some serious snow!! Sometimes I wish we had snow like that in the UK but it looks hard work too! The children would love it!

• It’s wonderful – though many commuters would disagree with me. If you’re not a snow-plow driver it’s only hard work in as far as you have to shovel the drive (and the pavement directly outside your house if there is one – you’re liable if anyone falls and injures themselves).

4. Gorgeous shots. I can’t wait to visit Canada later this year. Looks awesome.

5. I want snow
    I want snow
    I want snow

Very jealous

6. I really hope we see snow this year, it has been disappointingly absent!

7. I so love your snowy photos – that powder looks awesome! Reminds me of our trip to Canada albeit a long time ago now. Seem to have completely bypassed the snow so far, it is chillier though so I may eat my words :)

• That’s one of the reasons I love a snowy evening – nothing like it for making you feel warm, cozy and protected. :-)

• *Glances shiftily around and shuffles feet* No we didn’t :-( Just not economical so close to changing our vehicle – but we do rule out certain trips based on our potentially inadequate wheelwear. Next car will DEFINITELY have them…

8. My goodness that snow! Makes me feel cold just looking at it! Gorgeous pictures though :D x

9. That snow is so picturesque, I love your photos, they always leave me considering upping sticks and heading west!

Thanks for playing along with Point + Shoot xx
    Em @ snowingindoors recently posted…Parenting Fail!My Profile

10. I’ve always thought it must be amazing to live somewhere that you can actually get proper snow gear and just wear that all Winter and not bother about a bit of snow because it’s just normal. In the UK everyone seems to think they’re so much bigger than Mother Nature and complain about every bit of weather we have! Enjoy the snow…and the dancing :D
    Jenny @ The Brick Castle recently posted…Lego 71006 The Simpsons House Review Part 2 ~ UpstairsMy Profile